Easy plus healthy equals cookie? Say it isn’t so! I love how simple these are, and I especially love them for breakfast! And because there is no extra stuff added in, they are naturally dairy-free, oil-free, vegan, and gluten-free (if using certified gluten free oats).
Disclaimer – this pic above actually shows 3 ingredients, thus showing the versatility of these cookies. Oh how I love cookies that are accepting of change!
Ingredients: (for one serving)
– 1 Banana
– 1/2 cup dry Oatmeal
*Optional Mix-ins: Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract, Raisins, Dried Cranberries, Dried Pineapple, Chocolate Chips, etc!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Measure 1/2 cup of oats.
2. Pour Oatmeal in the bottom of your bowl, and place banana on top.
3. Mash mash mash the banana into your oats with a fork.
4. Mash and mix both ingredients until thoroughly combined.
5. Add in any mix-ins, if desired (I like dairy-free chocolate chips). Drop small amounts of mixture into a greased cookie sheet, then press down with a fork.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then let cool for about 5 minutes. Enjoy! I usually get about 12 small cookies per batch, and eat them all myself! Mmmmm, me want cookie….