This past weekend I had vegetable chowder in mind when I decided to make a soup that I could freeze and save for later. This soup is perfect when you’re in a rush and need to heat up a meal instead of cook one.
Here is the recipe I came up with:
– 1 box of low sodium chicken broth
– 4 cups of water
– 1 head of broccoli chopped
– 1 can of low sodium corn
– Half an onion chopped
– Half a green pepper chopped
– Half a rep pepper chopped
– A few small potatoes diced
– 1 block of low fat cream cheese ( I used low fat Greek cream cheese)
– 1 bag of shredded low fat cheese
I put everything but the shredded cheese and cream cheese in a crockpot and let it sit all day. You don’t have to wait all day, I was out running errands, just until the potatoes are cooked through. The longer it sits however, the more the flavors develop. Then, add the shredded cheese and cream cheese till it melts and then let the soup sit with the top cracked open for about another hour.
*This post was originally published on Sara’s website, The Working Athlete. For more from Sara visit www.theworkingathlete.net!