You heard that right. A gluten-free vegan deep dish cookie, for BREAKFAST. It’s kind of miraculous how something that feels so indulgent can be such a healthy way to start your day. Oh, and did I mention it’s easy to make? You’re welcome.
(Serves 1, 340 calories in the entire deep dish cookie)
– 1 small super ripe banana
– 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup quick cooking gluten free oats
– 1 tablespoon walnut halves and pieces
– 2 tablespoons raisins; (feel free to sub chocolate chips if you want to turn this into a real dessert! You can probably try blueberries here as well.)
*Optional: maple syrup and more fruit/nuts for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mash banana, and mix with apple sauce, cinnamon, and vanilla until combined.
3. Add in oats, and mix.
4. Finish with walnut pieces and raisins and lightly stir.
5. Spray a small baking dish or ramekin with non-stick spray. (FYI a ramekin is my new favorite baking tool for single-serving dishes.)
6. Pour batter into ramekin, making sure to press down with a spoon so it’s tightly packed.
7. Bake for 30 minutes; (I recommend 20 minutes on the bottom rack, and the last 10 minutes on the top rack)
8. Remove from oven, and either eat straight out of dish, or allow to cool for 10 minutes before using a knife to cut around edges and flip over so the deep dish cookie falls out.
9. Top with maple syrup or fruit if you like. MOUTH is WATERING just thinking about how delightfully sinful this tasted. I could eat this for breakfast every day and be happy.