I threw this dish together last week because we had zucchini that I was afraid would go bad. I literally just used some random things and expected it to be awful. John and I prepared to suffer through it in the name of not wasting food, so imagine our surprise when we both loved it! So simple, but so delicious.
– Rice/quinoa/orzo/pasta/whatever you want (or nothing if you want it as a side)
– 3 medium zucchini
– 1-2 tbl. oil (enough to coat the pan)
– 3 tbl. grated parmesan cheese
– salt + pepper to taste
1. If your rice/quinoa/orzo/pasta isn’t already prepared because you aren’t a food prep-er, get it started so you can do the rest while it is cooking.
2. Wash and chop the zucchini. I cut them into ~1/2 inch slices and cut those into quarters.
3. Add the oil to pan, and saute the zucchini over medium heat until it begins to soften (approx. 10 minutes).
4. Add the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and mix so the cheese coats the zucchini. Continue cooking just long enough to melt the cheese (less than a minute).
5. Serve over your base of choice, or on its own as a side.
I know this is crazy super basic, and all you real chefs are probably laughing at me. However, if you are new to cooking (like me!), simple and easy recipes are a life saver. Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming in order to be healthy and delicious.