I have to say that these are probably the prettiest cookies I have ever seen. The bright fuchsia color is absolutely stunning, and
I enjoyed the warm flavor with earthy notes. What show stoppers!
-6 oz 0% vanilla greek yogurt
-3/4 cup whole wheat flour
-1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-1 medium beet – peeled and chopped
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp raspberry extract
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-10 unsalted roasted almonds – ground
-24 dark chocolate covered almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Combine chopped beet, egg, and extracts in a high powered blender or food processor and blend thoroughly until there are no beet bits leftover.
4. Add yogurt and continue blending until completely combined.
5. In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder.
6. Pour beet and yogurt mixture into flour mixture, followed by ½ cup raw shredded coconut.
7. Stir until the batter is well combined.
8. Place batter in the freezer for about 15 minutes so it can set and be more manageable.
9. While the batter cools in the freezer, grind almonds in a blender or food processor.
10. After the almonds are ground, combine in a bowl with ¼ cup coconut.
11. Remove batter from the freezer, and spoon dough into 1in wide balls and dip in almond and coconut mixture.
12. Place each ball onto a cookie sheet and lightly flatten with fingers.
13. Bake for 10 minutes.
14. After removing from the oven, instantly push a dark chocolate almond on top of each cookie.
15. Allow cookies to cool before consuming.