Here are some healthy breakfast ideas and recipes that are quick and easy!
Banana Oat Pancakes
-1/3 Cup Oats
1. In a blender, combine the peeled banana, eggs, oats, baking powder and salt.
2. Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
4. Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, thentop it off with a few blueberries and raspberries.
-1/3 Cup Oats
-1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt
-Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Slice the banana.
2. In a bowl or container, mix together the greek yogurt, almond milk, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Add the sliced banana and oats, and mix well.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap (or put the lid on the container) and leave in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, transfer the overnight oatmeal into a prettier dish if desired and Enjoy!
“Sausage” Egg Sandwich
-Breakfast Pattie (Meatless)
-Wheat English Muffin
-Slice of Cheese (Optional)
1. Heat a small skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Lightly spray it with olive oil cooking spray. Spray a 2.5 or 3-inch round metal round (I used a biscuit cutter) with nonstick cooking spray and place it in the skillet.
2. Break an egg into the biscuit cutter. Cover the skillet with foil and cook the egg 3-4 minutes, until whites are set and yolks are still soft. Cook 1 minute longer for fully cooked yolks.
3. While the egg is cooking, slice the English muffin open and toast it in a toaster. Lightly spray the toasted muffin with olive oil cooking spray.
4. Use tongs to remove the biscuit cutter from the skillet, and a wide spatula to remove the cooked egg to a plate. Season the egg with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Place the breakfast pattie in the skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 minute per side.
6. Assemble the sandwich: place the slice of cheese atop the bottom half of the English muffin (cut off the corners to fit the muffin, or leave it square). Top with the egg, then the pattie, and finally the top half of the muffin. Serve immediately.