You guys know I love eggs, especially frittatas because they are just so easy! Plus they keep really well as leftovers… a great dinner idea for all you busy mom’s out there!
– 10 eggs (I always use organic, free range when possible)
– 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
– 1/2 bunch asparagus cut into small 1/2 inch sections (you’ll use this portion for the inside of the frittata)
– 1/2 bunch asparagus cut 2-3 inches from the tops (you’ll use this for the top decoration)
– 2 green onions diced fine
– 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
– several handfuls baby spinach
– sea salt & coarse fresh cracked pepper
– 1/4 cup of water
1. In a large skillet over med-high heat add water (I use water instead of oil, it doesn’t effect the taste and helps reduce unnecessary fat content), garlic, 1/2 of your sliced grape tomatoes, 1/2 slices of asparagus and salt & pepper to taste.
2. Saute for about 5 mins until veggies are starting to get slightly soft.
3. Next, stir in greens until wilted.
4. Then pour in whisked eggs evenly over the vegetable mixture. Stir in the eggs and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set.
5. At this time, preheat your oven and set to “Broil” at 400 degrees.
6. Reduce stovetop heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
7. Once the eggs have start to set, you can begin your decorations! Cut your asparagus tops (see the pic below) to the desired size. You’ll need to hold your asparagus over the top of your skillet and eyeball the size to cut them. Once you’ve found the length that works, use that piece as a measure to cut the rest of your asparagus.
9. Once your design is complete, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Put the skillet in the oven under the broiler until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the frittata stand 2 minutes.
10. Using a rubber spatula, cut into slices or you can loosen the frittata from the skillet and slide the whole frittata onto a plate to serve.
I served mine with sliced avocado and pumpkin spice latte with homemade almond milk! Super delicious! It would also work perfectly as a dinner meal for those of you who are following The Green Smoothie Detox!
I hope you enjoy this healthy recipe as much as I did!