Deep fried goodness doesn’t always have to be bad for you. I’m talking about everyone’s favorite, CHURROS. This carnival favorite just got a makeover in the health department and I’m spilling all the details on the how-to make this sinfully delicious treat!
Ready to see something astonishing, unusual and downright bizarre?
I’m about to show you something absolutely drool-worthy and 100% sinless.
I am of course NOT offering up the typical deep-fried pastry that is guaranteed to stop your heart…
I actually re-created this CARNIVAL FAVORITE… Minus the artery barricades known as: sugar, rancid oils, white-nutritionally-void flour, sugar, sugar, sugar… And oh, did I mention sugar?
1/2 Cup NuZest Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
3/4 Cup Water
2 Tbs Erythritol
2 Tbs Coconut Oil (for mixture)
2 + Tbs Coconut Oil (for pan “frying” purposes)
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1 Tbs Baking Stevia
Churn your churros like this…
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
2. Snip a corner of a ziploc bag and fill bag with churro batter (if you have a piping bag… You’re just fancy then aren’t you!)
3. Heat 2 tbs of coconut oil (you will need 2 tbs per batch) into a shallow skillet, over medium-high heat.
4. Pipe two or three strips of batter into oil and cook two to three minutes per side.
5. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cinnamon/stevia mixture and let cook before wolfing down.
(WARNING: this recipe makes a lot of churros. If you have no willpower what-so-ever… Half the recipe so you feel a little less guilty when you devour the entire thing!)
6. Who would have thought HEALTHY churros could be possible and… Totally AB friendly. Check out some other great tips for sexy abs!