We all know how important it is to make eating breakfast a daily habit, but a lot of us get sick of cereal rather quickly, am I right? How about a breakfast sandwich that is actually healthy for you? Packed with protein and dense in nutrients, this breakfast sandwich is sure to beat out those fast food breakfast sandwiches any day!
-3 egg whites (or 1/2 cup liquid egg whites)
-3/4 cup spinach
-1/4 cup mushrooms
-1 whole wheat english muffin (I used Trader Joe’s brand- it’s dairy-free)
1. Spray a skillet with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Saute spinach and mushrooms with 1/4 cup of water on medium heat until the mushrooms have lightly browned, the water has evaporated, and the spinach has wilted.
3. Pour the egg whites into the skillet and mix together.
4. Cook until the eggs have solidified (about 2-3 minutes)
5. If desired, add in any seasonings or herbs. (I love adding basil or oregano!)
6. Toast whole wheat english muffin while the scramble is still cooking. When both are ready, pour the scramble onto the english muffin and enjoy!
7. Enjoy with a side of fruit and you will be ready to tackle on the day ahead!