With summer quickly approaching and spring break right around the corner, everyone is starting to get ready to rock a bikini. The top two things women, myself included, want to be on point are their stomachs and butts. This workout can be done anywhere and requires only your body weight. These exercises are my favorite moves to give your butt a makeover and help it lift up (which at the end gives it a rounder look). The abdominal moves will help tighten your abs, and this high intensity workout will help melt away stubborn areas as well.
This workout consists of giant sets. Giant sets help maximize fat burning because you are supposed to perform one set of an exercise and move onto the next exercise with minimal rest, keeping your heart rate up the whole time. Once you complete each exercise in the giant set, start over until you have completed three rounds for beginners and four rounds for more advanced. Take 30-60 seconds rest once you complete a giant set, then start on the next one. Do this workout twice a week. This is the first of workout of my Sexy Summer Body series.
Giant set 1: 3/4x
– 25 bodyweight squats: go as low to the ground as possible and squeeze your glutes at the top
– 10 jump lunges each leg
– 20 V-ups
Giant set 2: 3/4x
– 10 each leg walking lunges with kick back
– 20 squat jumps
– 10 inchworms
Giant set 3: 3/4x
– 20 glute bridges: squeeze your glutes at the top. Raise your feet on something if possible (a stair or medicine ball).
– Plank hold 30 seconds
– Plank with kick back: directly from 30 second plank hold, lift one leg and bring knee towards chest, then kick the leg behind and squeeze glute-10 right side, then 10 left side.
– 10 burpees with deep squat after you jump up