Thee Best Healthy French Toast Recipe
Who doesn't love French toast? If you know someone who doesn't, don't trust them. J/k... but not really. Sweet, sweet bread aka the best breakfast hack - quick eggs on bread with half the effort. Obviously it's an early morning go-to! Made with healthier subs like almond milk, coconut oil and fresh-squeezed orange juice, this french toast recipe is sure to be an instant fav!
Relax and prep your taste buds for this tasty healthy version. Recipe below:
The Best Healthy French Toast
Serving Size: 4, 2 slices each
- 8 slices of thick-cut bread (I like sourdough, challah or whole-grain)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, orange juice, vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup.
- Place half of mixture into a shallow dish.
- Add bread 4 slices at a time and allow to soak for 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook over medium heat with coconut oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked until desired taste.
- Repeat with remaining 4 slices and egg mixture.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, fruit or toppings of choice.