We love inviting our friends over and sometimes we open it up to Ean’s MBA classmates since they are such a big class and there are always great new people to meet! We’ll tell people that we have 10 – 12 seats open and let people sign up. We’ll then give them budget options and plan our three course meal accordingly! Appetizer, entree/side dish, dessert! Since we now have a balcony, we love to grill so I decided to make bay leaf lemon chicken skewers with a tasty herb sauce!
Prep time: 20min | Marinate: 30 min | Cook time: 8 min | Serves 4
Bay Leaf Lemon Chicken Skewers:
24.5 oz (700g) of chicken breast, diced
Juice of 2 lemons and their lemon zest, cut in thin strips
16 bay leaves
1 tsp. of oregano
4 garlic, cut in big slices
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp. of parsley
2 garlic cloves, cut in halves
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 pinch of cumin
2 tbsp. of lemon juice
4 tbsp. of olive oil
1. Let the skewers soak in cold water for 30 min so that they don’t burn when we cook the meat.
2. In a salad bowl, mix the diced chicken, the lemon zest, lemon juice, bay leaves, garlic, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep in the fridge while the skewers are being soaked.
3. In the meantime, prepare the parsley sauce. Add all of the ingredients in a little food processor and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
4. Heat up the grill on high. Add the chicken, lemon zest, garlic and bay leaves onto the skewers.
5. Cook the skewers for 6-8 min and rotate them until the chicken is cooked and slightly brown.
6. Serve with the parsley sauce and a salad.
Keeps 3-4 days.