Have a raw bite! They can be made in 10 minutes, require no cooking or baking, and your family and friends will love them because they taste just like cookie dough! This is a great fun recipe to make with kids too!
When you consume raw unprocessed that are not cooked above 104° F, your body metabolizes them much more efficiently, allowing your body to focus energy on other parts of your system, other than digestion. These gluten-free, raw, vegan bite-sized treats provide healthy fats, natural sugars, and macronutrients that will satisfy your sweet tooth, give you a little burst of energy, and keep you away from the candy dishes!
Makes 10 bites
– 6 pitted medjool dates
– ¼ cup unsalted almonds
– ¼ cup unsalted cashews
– ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
– 2 Tbsp mini vegan chocolate chips or carob chips (optional)
– 1 Tbsp water
1. Combine almonds, cashews, and coconut in a food processor or high powered blender (I used my Vitamix). Pulse or blend until ingredients break down into small pieces but not into butter.
2. Add dates and 1 Tbsp of water for moisture. Blend until a thick dough is formed.
3. Remove the dough from your blender and stir in chocolate chips.
4. With a measuring spoon, divide the dough into 10 balls, at 1 Tbsp each.
5. Place in mini cupcake liners and store in a container in the freezer.
6. Cool for 20 minutes before consuming.