This power bowl is packed with protein from both the black beans and quinoa, my two favorite non-meat protein sources as well as great flavor. It is easy to double if you are looking to serve more than just one person, but it is a great option for those of you cooking for one!
I recently made this Black Bean & Quinoa Power Bowl because of how much I love the Chipotle burrito bowls, but don’t want to spend the money on buying one.
-1/2 cup Black Beans
-1/4 cup Quinoa
-1 tsp. Lemon Juice
-1 tsp. Olive Oil
-1/2 clove of Garlic
1) Cook the quinoa
2) Heat a saucepan on medium heat with 1 tsp. of olive oil
3) Once the saucepan is heated, add in the black beans
4) After the black beans have cooked for a few minutes add in a few shakes of chili powder.
5) Add in a 1/2 clove of garlic
6) Let the black beans continue to cook, stirring occasionally
7) To prepare the bowl, add lettuce
8) Add the cooked quinoa and then the beans.
9) Now it’s topping time…add in salsa, guacamole, lemon juice, and cilantro!
Cooking for one isn’t too bad when you plan ahead and figure out how much of each ingredient you need! Plus you can add in whatever you desire, without having to adjust for another person. These power bowls are great since you can make them separately if you are cooking for another person and add in your toppings to yours and their toppings to their own. Enjoy!