This is one of my favorite recipes. It’s really fun to make, and if you didn’t make it yourself, you would have absolutely no idea that it was made from cauliflower. This pizza is a great low-carb option that doesn’t omit any flavor. Your guests or kids will never know they are eating a pizza made of vegetables!
Makes one 9-12in pizza – 6 slices
– 2 cups shredded cauliflower
– 1 egg
– 1 cup finely shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup piza sauce or marinara sauce
– 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
– topping of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. “Rice” or “shred” the cauliflower in a blender until it resembles small crumbled rice/pieces, but not pureed. Using a few pieces of paper towel, ring the excess water out of the cauliflower.
2. Place the cauliflower crumbles in a mixing bowl and combine with egg, mozzarella, oregano, garlic powder, and salt. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
3. Generously coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray spray (this crust is known to stick). Place the dough on the baking sheet and press into a 9 to 12-inch round crust. Lightly spray the crust with nonstick spray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
4. Remove the crust from the oven and turn the heat to broil. Spread the sauce on top of the baked crust, leaving a half inch border around the edge. Sprinkle mozzarella on top of the sauce. Add any extra toppings at this time.
5. Place the pizza back in the oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Remove pizza from the oven and cut into 6 slices and serve hot.