Blondies, anyone? The same delicious flavor that we all know and love, sans all the sugar!
I had been wanting to try chickpea blondies for a couple of weeks now. I have made them before but not to any great tasty success, and making a matcha version seemed like the perfect chance to try them again.
You guys . . . these bars! So perfectly sweet, despite their complete lack of any refined sugars and so soft and fudge-like, despite their complete lack of any fudge. On another note, I think these would be great if they were chocolatey and fudgy. Next time. For now I’m okay with these healthy, protein packed squares of goodness.
Gluten free and with no refined sugar, these bars taste so delicious that you would never know! They make a great healthy dessert option, and their high protein level makes them great for post workout!
Ingredients (16 Bars)
1/2 cup dates
1/4 cup coconut manna/coconut butter
1 can chickpeas
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup coconut flour
8 tbsp water
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp matcha
1 tsp greens powder (I used Greens+ vanilla flavour)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Add coconut manna/butter, chickpeas, water and maple syrup and process again until everything is combined and mixture reaches a wet, smooth, hummus like consistency.
4. Add coconut flour, baking soda and baking powder and pulse until combined and flour has thickened mixture.
5. Once mixtures reaches a wet dough consistency, add in matcha powder and greens powder and pulse until the batter turns green.
6. Using a spatula, scrape into a square 9×9 pan, smoothing surface, and place in the oven.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top cracks and edges are brown.
8. Remove from the oven and set it aside to cool. Once cool, place pan in the fridge to chill and then cut into squares to serve.