I’m obsessed with desserts and after making some toasted coconut this weekend, I thought to myself; I NEED to make healthy coconut macaroons! Most macaroons contain tons of added sugar and even full fat condensed milk, so I took to the kitchen to make a skinny bunny version with only 2 ingredients! Crispy and toasted on the outside with a lightly sweet chewy center!
This recipe is gluten-free, paleo friendly, clean, and made with healthy plant based fats! If you’re following my Rabbit Food Pyramid: 4 Macaroons (2 Tbsp of shredded coconut) count as 1 serving of healthy plant based fats! Excellent topping for your Banana Nicecream!
Two Ingredient Coconut Macaroons
Makes 14 macaroons (about 3.5 servings)
– 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
– 1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk one egg white and then stir into the shredded coconut until well combined.
3. Spray a cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray, but any will do). Using a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop the mixture, press into the spoon (to keep the mixture together), and then place onto the cooking sheet.
4. Once all of the mixture has been scooped into 1/2 tbsp balls, place cooking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until they become a light golden brown. If only the bottom halves of macaroons brown, turn the oven to broil and cook for 1 minute until the tops turn golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Note: Watch the macaroons while baking because they tend to burn quickly.