Can you guess what the superstar ingredient of this decadent chocolate dessert is? I’ll give you a hint… it’s loaded with 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid.
Yes, this indulgent chocolate creation is made from heart healthy avocado, antioxidant rich cocoa, sweet fiber dense dates, and creamy almond milk! This is the perfect afternoon pick me up to give your body the boost it needs.
Chocomole is so much fun, and so versatile, the possibilities are endless!
– spread on a slice of whole grain toast
– dip for whole grain pretzels or strawberries
– mousse or filling
– vegan frosting
makes 4 servings
– 1 large ripe Hass avocado
– 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 cup pitted medjool dates
– 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Remove pits from dates.
2. Slice avocado and remove the pit.
3. Using a spoon, scoop the green flesh from the skin.
4. Combine the avocado, dates, and all other ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour and serve.
Note: I like to refrigerate my avocado beforehand.