These faux mashed potatoes consist of only 2 ingredients: cauliflower and milk! A great alternative to starchy potatoes when you want a light side dish. The first time I made these, I couldn’t believe how similar they tasted to mashed potatoes! They can be eaten plain or with your favorite additions such as garlic and parsley, as you would with regular mashed potatoes.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
– 1 head cauliflower
– ½ cup milk of your choice – unsweetened
1. Separate cauliflower florets from the stem and place them in a microwave safe container.
2. Cover and heat for 4-5 minutes until soft.
3. Remove excess water and transfer the cauliflower to a blender or food processor.
4. Add milk in small amounts until desired texture is created.
Note: add the milk slowly a little bit at a time so that it doesn’t get too runny. The amount of milk may vary due to different sizes of cauliflower heads.