Autumn is finally upon us, so you know what that means. Pumpkins! Pumpkins in your lattes, pumpkins on your stoop, Pumpkin Patch Farms, pumpkin spice lotion and… Pumpkin Spice Oats?! The most interesting thing about pumpkin, is not that it’s the reigning champ of Fall decorations, is that it’s a certified superfood. Packed with fiber, potassium, and vitamin C content, the Fall produce star is great for heart health. It’s also loaded with the antioxidant beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A in the body. And we all know that vitamin A is essential for healthy, glowing skin and our immune system. So indulge in as much pumpkin as you can stomach this Fall.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- ½ rolled oats
- 1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- ½ canned pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie Spices ie., cinnamon, nutmeg, clove
- Collagen peptides for an extra protein boost
- Maple syrup for sweetness
- Chia Seeds Or Flax Seeds
- Cook 1/2 cup rolled oats in 1 cup Califia Farms vanilla almond milk
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Once it’s almost done, add in 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices to taste (such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove!)
- Optional add ins are 1 scoop of @vitalproteins collagen peptides for some protein
- 1 TB maple syrup for some sweetness!
- 2 TB of chia, flax seeds, or flax meal!
Finish off by topping your oats with your favorites! Zena topped her oats with banana, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, a spoonful of peanut butter, and her new favorite spice, @justspices_us oatmeal spice blend.
ENJOY ALL SEASON LONG!
For more yummy healthy recipes, follow Zena on Instagram.