With the holidays approaching and all of the yummy desserts lurking around every corner, it is difficult to say no all the temptations. There is no reason to deprive your self of the flavors of the season! You can still enjoy your fav deserts by substituting the high fat and sugar ingredients with low or no cal healthy ones! Check out these simple deserts all under 100 calories!
Makes 4 servings; about 90 calories
Mix 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin, 1 8oz. container vanilla yogurt, 2 tbsp. Chia Seed,
½ of a banana, ¼ tsp. each nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
Cold chocolate peanut butter truffles
About 100 calories per truffle
-½ cup peanut butter
-1 banana, 1 tbsp. chia seed
-1 tbsp. Flax Seed Oil
-2 tbsp. stevia powder, 2 tbsp
-unsweetened cocoa powder.
1. Mix with emersion blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Divide into 12 lined mini-muffin tins.
3. Place in freezer until firm.
1. Core and slice 4 pears. Place in 4 individual baking dishes, or in one 8×8 baking dish.
2. Pour in red wine or apple cider till pears are half way covered.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or till pears are soft and browned.
5. Drizzle with chocolate syrup or dust with chocolate powder.
Warm Apple Bake
1. Peel and slice 4 apples.
2. Place in a baking dish and toss with ½ tsp. cinnamon and ½ tsp. vanilla extract.
3. Top with ½ cup chopped walnuts and sprinkle with ¼ cup brown sugar.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, (or until browned on top) at 375.
5. Top with low-fat vanilla yogurt or fro-yo.
Frozen Pumpkin Cups
100 calories each
In a blender: 1 15oz. can pumpkin, ½ cup vanilla soy or hemp seed milk, 2 tbsp. Chia Seeds, 1 tbsp. nut butter, ½ tsp. vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and stevia to taste. Blend. Pour into 4 ½ cup serving dishes and freeze for at least 4 hours.
• 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk heated up and sweetened w/ vanilla stevia
• Sparkling water over ice and frozen berries garnished with citrus wheels.
• Steep two bags of chamomile tea and add 1” of steamed vanilla soymilk.
• Club soda over ice with a slash of cranberry juice garnished with lime.