I want to share my afternoon pick me up smoothie, green tea matcha protein smoothie! I fell in love with matcha after eating at the Protein Bar in Washington D.C. When I saw the green tea matcha mix at Trader Joes today, I had to get it!
2 tbsp matcha powder
1 cup hot water
1 cup ice cubes
1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
1 packet stevia
I love the matcha flavor in this smoothie, and I can’t wait to bring it with me on my trip so I can drink it hot!
Benefits of matcha:
– Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
– Boosts metabolism and burns calories
– Detoxifies effectively and naturally
– Calms the mind and relaxes the body
– Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
– Enhances mood and aids in concentration
– Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
– Prevents disease
– Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
– Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea.
– One cup of matcha = 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea in terms of nutritional content
For recipe instructions, head over to Simply Taralynn.
*For more from Taralynn visit Simply Taralynn.