I remember the pre-Celiac days of CPK’s Kids BBQ Chicken Pizza. My how perfect that was at the time. A baby pizza, 4 little slices of heaven. So like any other past dish I crave, I recreated my own gluten free vegan version. Below is the recipe if you want to try it too!
Ingredients (Makes 1 pizza, 290 calories in the entire pizza):
– 1 brown rice tortilla
– 2 tablespoons gluten free BBQ sauce
– 1/2 cup organic baby spinach leaves, diced
– 1/4 cup dairy free mozzarella
– 1.5 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
– Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
– Optional add-ins: onion, scallion
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place tortilla on a square piece of aluminum foil.
Spread BBQ sauce evenly around the tortilla, leaving roughly 1/2 inch along the edge.
Combine diced spinach with your cheese, and sprinkle on top of sauce, patting down with a spoon.
Top with tofu and any additional add-ins you prefer.
Finish with a few dashes of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Eat while hot. OMG SO GOOD.