This could be my new favorite recipe. I’m calling it right now, Spinach Chips are the new kale chips. Actually, I’m probably way late to this party since I remember a few readers mentioning spinach chips before haha. But man oh man are they good! They literally melt in your mouth. I’m pretty sure you’re going to LOVE these.
They’re super easy to make, have a short baking time, and only 4 ingredients! What’s not to love? They’re the ultimate healthy snack!
My friend Anna Marie and I just ate the entire batch of them, so I’m not sure how well they store if you have leftovers. Pretty high change you will eat these in one sitting, but no shame or guilt, they’re actually good for you! Completely gluten-free, vegan, low-calorie, and awesome! Not to mention, packed with vitamins and minerals!
6 Facts About Spinach:
1. Filled with powerful antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium, which combat the onset of osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure.
2. One cup of spinach contains over 337% of the RDA of vitamin A that protects and strengthens “entry points” into the human body, such as mucous membranes, respiratory, urinary and intestinal tracts.
3. One cup of spinach has nearly 20% of the RDA of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, and curbs overeating.
4. The abundance of vitamin K contributes to a healthy nervous system and brain function.
5. Contains two anti-inflammatory epoxyxanthophylls; Neoxanthin and violaxanthin.
6. Packed with magnesium, folate, iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B2, potassium, and vitamin B6, and a great source of selenium and niacin.
-2 large handfuls of spinach (I used about 1/2 the bag)
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-1/2 Tbsp Italian herb seasoning (I use Frontier & sometimes McCormick)
-1/8 tsp sea salt, or to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Massage oil into spinach until all leaves are completely coated.
3) Add italian seasoning and salt, combine until evenly dispersed.
4) Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5) Place leaves on the parchment paper so that they aren’t overlapping (this will allow them to cook evenly).
6) Bake for 9-12 minutes until crispy.