I haven’t had a good at-home salad in a long time. I was really craving one last night for dinner. Three years ago, my old self would have laughed at the thought of craving a salad for dinner. It is crazy how our taste buds change along with our new lifestyles. I was the type of person who picked out any vegetables that would touch my food and scrunched my nose at the thought of eating anything healthy. My breakfast consisted of fast food and so did my dinners. It takes time to experiment with healthy recipes in order to figure out what you truly enjoy. If you are open-minded during the process; it will be a lot easier. Believe me, your taste-buds change if you want them to.
I made a quick trip to Whole Foods yesterday to pick up some items for my dinner salad. I always grabbed a few items for some fun recipes I am going to make today. Cooking on a rainy day is one of my favorite hobbies. Wow that sounded like an eHarmony commercial..
– 1/3 cup Whole Foods butternut squash salad
– one cup Whole Foods broccolini salad
– half a medium avocado
– two tablespoons of Annie’s organic lite poppy seed dressing
– three cups romaine lettuce
– three cups spring mix blend lettuce
– one serving Gardein vegan crispy chick’n (optional mandarin sauce)
1. Add lettuce, broccolini salad, and two tablespoons of the salad dressing to a large salad bowl and toss together.
2. Bake or microwave chick’n for salad. (I was lazy, hungry, and impatient so I microwaved the chick’n ) Although I bought the chick’n at Whole Foods, my local grocery store Publix, carries it in their freezer section.
3. Stir in butternut squash salad.
4. Top with avocado and chick’n .