Over a month into 2019 and some of us are still holding fast to our resolutions. Some of us may be wavering just a little, some let go entirely, while others may have never started. Whatever the case and wherever you are in your journey, we got this and we have time. Be patient with yourself and your process. Besides the year has just begun!
However, if you find yourself needing a kick in the rear or gentle reassurance, here are 6 quotes that will inspire you to own 2019.
1. “Am I good enough? Yes, I am.” – Michelle Obama
- It wouldn’t be an adequate quote list, without words from our former First Lady, Michelle Obama. Though they may be simple, they couldn’t be more true. Whenever you are wavering in faith or you feel undeserving of love, happiness, opportunity, remember you are always enough. Make it a daily mantra, ingrain it, and you will come to know it’s true.
2. “Gentle reader, may you never be lucky. I am not lucky. You know what I am? I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way and I work really, really hard. Don’t call me lucky. Call me a badass.” – Shonda Rhimes
- Oh gentle reader, you are indeed a badass! Lest you ever forget it, Shonda Rhimes’ quote is here to remind you that when you work hard for what you have, no one can ever take that from you. Sometimes you are lucky, but most times you aware of your opportunities and you never let them pass you by. That’s what badasses do. Carry this throughout the year and 2019 is sure to be a winner.
3. “If you want to fly, give up everything that’s weighing you down.” – Toni Morrison
- Sometimes we don’t realize how burdened we are by fear, by doubt, by comparison, a dead end job, a failing relationship. Find out what it’s truly like to be free this year. Take a risk, focus on yourself, find a new job, whatever it is you think you need to do – do it. It’s never too late to taste real freedom and see how high you will soar.
4. “Stop managing your time. Start managing your focus.” – Robert S. Sharma
- How many of us buy a new planner every year and rarely use it? I’m guilty as charged. Yes, getting our priorities in order is necessary but managing our focus is instrumental to our success. Fine tune your focus this year and watch how your day to day improves.
5. “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- We are so attuned to seeing immediate results or “overnight successes”. There’s no such thing, so don’t rush and don’t stop working towards whatever your goals may be. Remember slow and steady always wins the race. We have time, the key is not to waste it! Every moment counts and it all adds up in the end, but you’ll only see it if you keep going!
6. “Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.”
- Do you write down your goals? Do you say them aloud? Are they part of your daily mantras? Do you tweet them? If you don’t do any of the former, you should. The universe has a way of answering when asked. Of manifesting when inclined. How many times have you seen those tweets of individuals “putting their goals into the universe” and year or more later they reach those goals? You have to speak up for what you want, turn all your ” I can’ts” to “I can” and “I will” and the rest will follow (when you put in work – it’s not magic!). The universe is a gigantic magnet, but in this case positive thinking attracts more positive things in your life!
We all need a reminder that bettering ourselves is a never-ending journey. We set a goal, we reach a goal, we repeat. And sometimes we set a goal, we fail, and we start again. I just hope somewhere along the way you remember to enjoy the ride and be patient with yourself. Remember that and work continuously, and a successful life-changing year is in your reach!