We all know protein is important to a balanced diet, but it’s not always easy to get it in. Here are a few of my favorite easy ways to get the protein you need regularly, and some reasons why you need it.
1. If you are active, you’ll need extra protein to help you recover after your exercises.
2. Every cell in your body is made up of protein and you’ll need extra to repair the tissue, to make enzymes and hormones.
3.Your bones, muscles, skin, blood, and cartilage rely on protein as a main building block.
4. Building lean muscle is ideal and protein will help you build and prevent muscle loss.
5. Protein can curb unnecessary hunger pangs which will help you maintain a healthy weight.
6. Since your body does not store protein, so you’ll need to eat it more often.
Tera’s Whey rBGH Free Fair Trade Dark Chocolate Whey Protein (Dark Chocolate)
Tera’s Whey Organic, Bourbon Vanilla (Bourbon Vanilla)
Biochem 100% Whey Protein, Vanilla
Vega One French Vanilla Protein Powder (Vegan)
Soy Protein Powder – Plain Genisoy (Budget Friendly)
Power Crunch High Protein Cookies & Cream
Quest Bars! (Variety Pack)
Zone Perfect Double Dark Chocolate
Vega Chocolate Coconut Protein Bar
PowerBar Protein Plus- Chocolate Peanut Butter
Clif Bar Energy Bars, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Kind Plus Protein Bars- Almond Walnut Macadamia
ThinkThin Chunky Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Health Works Chia Seeds
Signature’s Kirkland Fancy Mixed Nuts
TruRoots Organic Quinoa 100% Whole Grain
The Good Bean Sea Salt Roasted Chickpeas
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Raw Sunflower Seeds
Braga Organic Farms Raw Pumpkin Seeds
Barney Butter Almond Butter 90 Calorie Snack Packs
Macadamia Nut Cookie Spread
Artisana Organic Raw Pecan Butter
Omega Nutrition Organic Pumpkin Seed Butter
Nuts ‘N More Chocolate Almond Butter
Nuttzo Omega-3 Multi-Nut Butter
WOWBUTTER (Safe-For-School) Tastes Just Like Peanut Butter! All NON-GMO Ingredients.
New York Superfoods Chia Chocolate Peanut Butter
Baked or Grilled Salmon
Other: Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Tofu, Beans, Avocado, Lentils, & Leafy Greens!
*This post was originally published on Taralynn’s website, Simply Taralynn. For more from Taralynn visit www.simplytaralynn.com.