Vacations make staying healthy difficult. So many delicious restaurants, amusement park foods and the gas station snacks. Vacations are all about taking a break from the normal life and living care free. Carefree to me means: ignoring phone calls, leaving emails unread and sleeping in past the alarm. To some, it also means eating whatever you want, whenever you want it. The trick to eating healthy during your stay is to start early with a healthy breakfast. Don’t go to restaurants, amusement parks or the beach starving, you’ll most likely overeat later on. Take advantage of the hotel breakfast, even if you have to wake up before 9. Most hotel breakfasts are all the same. Navigate the options before you grab a plate to scout the healthy choices. Above I chose: fruit cocktail over yogurt, scrambled eggs, 1/2 banana and raisin brand. Some other options you could choose at a hotel are:
– 1/2 Bagel with 1 Tbsp Jelly, Piece of Fruit and Scrambled Eggs.
– 1/4 Large Waffle, Piece of Fruit and Yogurt.
– Scrambled Eggs, Yogurt and Toast W/Peanut Butter
– 1 Cup Cereal W/Skim Milk, Piece of Fruit and Scrambled Eggs.
– 2 Slices Toast, Piece of Fruit and Scrambled Eggs.
– 1 Muffin, Scrambled Eggs and Piece of Fruit
Try to make your breakfast as balanced as possible. Of course the waffles, donuts and sugary carbs look so good, but eat those in moderation. It’s important to treat yourself on vacation, but make sure it’s not all day. Go out for ice cream, or share an appetizer. If you want a bigger window for treats spend some time in your hotel gym or swim some laps in the pool.