If you are anything like me, you have loved Serena Williams since the 90’s. I have no skills when it comes to tennis whatsoever, but I have always watched her matches in awe. She is basically a superhero. This year, in particular, has been one for the records for her.
Serena is on the verge of making tennis history as she fights to win her fourth event this year. She would be the first woman to win a true Grand Slam in a single season since Steffi Graf in 1988. Beyond being an extraordinary athlete, she also prides herself on being an inspiration and role model for young people.
Some of my favorite quotes of hers keep me motivated to be the best version of myself. Hopefully, they encourage y’all to keep your chin up and keep going as well!
1. “Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard.”
2. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.”
3. “Luck has nothing to do with it, because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.”
4. “I want to be a giving woman and just a nice person in general.”
5. “When you lose, you get up, you make it better, you try again.”