I’ve had a workout floating around on my computer that I’ve been meaning to share with you all for months! This is a HIIT workout so it is super short (10-15 minutes) but intense. It’s also a pyramid workout, so the reps for the exercises increase, then decrease (10, 20, 30 … 80 … 30, 20, 10). As an added bonus, it’s a total body workout that uses zero equipment.
Go through the moves as fast as possible while maintaining good form. Keep track of your time and try to beat it next time you do the workout.
Here’s a quick breakdown of some of the exercises in case you need them:
– Jump squats: Lower into a squat without letting your knees go out past your toes. Explode up, jumping into the air, then land smoothly back into a squat position.
– Plie squats: Lower into a plie (wide stance, knees turned out, straight back), and explode up, jumping into the air, then land back smoothly in a plie.
– Jump lunges: Lower into a lunge, explode into the air, switching which foot is forward and landing in a lunge on the other side.
– Plank: Pretty sure you guys know this one.
– Low jacks: Like a jumping jack, but without the arms, and keeping your body level. Your knees should be bent when your feet are together. Imagine your head and torso are locked into the same position in space so only your feet are moving apart and together.
– High knees: Again, I think you know this one. Really push to get your knees way up to your chest.